HEALTH & SAFETY POLICY
Health and Safety is foremost in MMC Diving Services minds and is crucial during the planning and execution of all projects undertaken. We are members of the Association of Diving Contractors and registered with the Health and Safety Executive. We have been externally audited and accredited with ADC, Chas, Joscar, RoSPA, Achilles UVDB, ConstructionLine and other interested parties.
We work with our customers, workers, suppliers and other interested parties to ensure that all of our operations are conducted in accordance with, or exceed the requirements of, all pertinent health and safety legislation and applicable industry guidance and good practice; i.e. our spreads include defibrillators, Cat C Offshore First Aid Kit (sealed) and Spinal Boards.
We are committed to:
- Implementation of an effective Health and Safety Management System
- Providing a safe and healthy workplace
- Preventing work related injury and ill health
- Eliminating hazards and reducing occupational health and safety risks
- Ensure all plant and equipment provided is effectively managed to provide our workers with reliable, safe equipment.
- Provide training for workers to help them to complete their work in a safe manner and to invest in the development of new knowledge and skills to enhance their competence.
- Consultation and participation of workers
- Ensuring the safe storage and use of substances
We strive at all times to maintain an excellent safety record and our goal for all projects is to have no incidents or accidents to our workers or the public at large, protecting not just ourselves but the reputation of our clients.
This Health & Safety policy provides a framework for establishing and reviewing health and safety objectives. Health and Safety objectives are categorized as beneficial and aspirational and are set and reviewed annually to ensure the continual improvement of our health and safety management system and the suitability of the policy.
This policy will be communicated to all MMC workers to ensure they understand the requirements of our management systems and are fully aware of their duties and responsibilities in ensuring the implementation and maintenance.
The overall and final responsibility for OH&S is that of the Operational Director, who is supported and advised on OH&S matters by the Business & IMS Director. Day to day responsibilities for ensuring this policy is put into practice is delegated to the Directors or Supervisor.