Principle Contractor: Prysmian Group
Contractor: MMC Diving Services
Duration: 8 weeks
Contract Value: £110,000
Date posted: 13-12-2018
Prysmian Group, who are world leader in the energy and telecom cable systems industry, secured the contract worth around €350million with IFA2 SAS, a joint venture between National Grid IFA2 Ltd - this is part of National Grid UK - and RTE of France where the installation of a submarine and land power cable link to connect Tourbe in France to Chilling in Hampshire, UK.
VBMS Trenchless Solutions were contracted to construct 6 Horizontal Directional Drill holes in Chilling in the Port of Southampton, these were drilled from Chilling on the shore to some dredge pits or punch throughs offshore, the pits were approximately 20m long, VBMS appointed MMC Diving Services to provid the sub surface support during the connection of the drill string and pull-back of the HDPE Pipe operations offshore, works included the following.
- Divers undertook a survey of the dredge walls instability & punch through
- Divers had to attach shot a line from the ladder to punch through in black water
- Divers assisted in the positioning of the air lift and monitoring dredging operations
- Divers connected the lifting wire to the drill string
- Divers then had to assist with the B-Di pig
- Divers Instilled concrete mattress
- Final video survey of completed works